:: 로드 아일랜드 한인회 - Korean-American Association of Rhode Island ::
한인회 소식

우크라이나에 대한 러시아 침공에 대한 로드아일랜드 한인회의 결의문을 로드아일랜드 상하원 의원에게 보냈는데 상원의원 Jack Reed로 부터 아래와 같은 이메일과 상원에서 일하고 있는 우크라이나에 대한 첨부파일을 받았습니다.

Dear Mr. Ji:

Thank you for contacting me regarding the Russian invasion of Ukraine. I appreciate hearing from you.

I unequivocally condemn Russia's immoral and illegal invasion of Ukraine. As the situation evolves, the U.S. and our partners and allies around the world will continue to provide robust assistance to Ukraine and stand firm on crippling economic sanctions against Russia. Indeed, the U.S. has committed over $1 billion in total security assistance to Ukraine in the last year, including $350 million in 2022 alone. The U.S. and global partners have also placed unprecedented sanctions on Putin and his enablers. These measures include cutting off key financial institutions from the SWIFT payment network, freezing Russian reserve assets abroad, and restricting Russian planes from U.S. and E.U. airspace. I have attached a summary of recent sanctions for your review.

The U.S. has also taken decisive action to provide relief for the Ukrainian people, including designating Temporary Protected Status (TPS) for Ukraine and surging both humanitarian and security aid to the country. I urged the Biden Administration to designate TPS for Ukraine, which allows Ukrainian citizens currently in the U.S. to remain here while their country is in crisis. To help vulnerable communities abroad, the U.S. has provided Ukraine with more than $400 million in humanitarian aid, including food and temporary shelter. The Omnibus Appropriation Act, which I support, provides another $13.6 billion in further humanitarian, defense, and economic support for Ukraine while doubling down on sanctions enforcement. You can view a summary of this legislation at https://go.senate.gov/6M33.

Additionally, the U.S. recently banned oil, liquefied natural gas, and coal imports from Russia - denying Putin a key source of revenue for his illegal war. I was pleased that President Biden announced a coordinated effort to release oil from our Strategic Petroleum Reserve, as I had urged in a recent bicameral letter, in order to minimize the effect of sharp rises in oil prices on the American people as a result of Russia's actions. I believe the current moment calls for the Administration to use all of its options to help insulate American households from price spikes being exacerbated by events far from home and to hasten our transition to a clean energy future. I recently spoke on the Senate floor on this matter, which can be viewed at https://go.senate.gov/4KYO.

As Chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee, please know that I will continue to closely monitor any new developments.

Sincerely,

Jack Reed

United States Senator

Russias_Invasion_of_Ukraine__Overview_of_U.S._and_International_Sanctions_and_Other_Responses.pdf

Russias_Invasion_of_Ukraine__New_Financial_and_Trade_Sanctions.pdf